A need for an Agenda? Why?
In today’s time, Time Management has become a challenge for each and every individual. I remember, when I was in school, I used to manage my time keeping a small pocket notebook with me, where I used to write all the tasks to be done in a day. I still do that and it makes my life so much more simple.
Though modern tools and mediums are much faster in terms of managing a days schedule, I am very sure there are people who loves to note everything down on a piece of paper, still. If anyone asks me, I love to note everything on a sheet and pin it each and every time I note. Some people like to keep a track of everything they do, so they don’t miss out on anything, and hence they write everything. But at the same time, this may become a little chaotic and too much of data, so why not have a planner where you actually write the pointers. A well-tuned weekly/monthly/yearly planner should help you focus on your most important tasks instead of showing all of the content you have been noting.
Here are few reasons which I personally feel and would also like to encourage every individual that why a planner is required and how it can help you get things done and enjoy your activities smoothly:
- You can keep track of all the responsibilities given
- You get used to getting focused on the tasks
- You can share the pointers to your partners or work people directly as you have all the pointers in hand
- You’ll increase your capacity of working and managing things systematically
- You’ll learn to manage time, as you have different agendas
- You’ll learn self discipline
- You’ll improve your memory
- You’ll enjoy a feeling of completion at the end of the week – Okay, now this is my favourite part and I will tell you why? You have 10 things on your agenda, every time you see, you want to get over them as soon as possible, so what I do is and what makes me happy is ticking them out from my list and how I do it? I take a red bold pen and I just draw a horizontal line over it and the joy of doing that, is simply beautiful (completing a task).
Whether you have big plans for now or future, it’s important to set goals. I am here not saying a planner will help you achieve this, but having a planner can make your life more organised and productive.
This write up is not only for art lovers, but for many, who loves to have agendas and diaries and notebooks around them. I’m a Graphic Designer and I relate this with myself because am always with my notebook wherever I go. This write up is a kind of hint for the audience out there as what my next blog will be!